Sunday, September 15, 2013

Roman Legion+ Work In Progress



Well I started working on my Romans, and these 20 guys took me about 3 hours after they were primed and glued to Gale Force 9 magnetic bases. I still have to do my touch up work, decals and basing so I still have some stuff to do but the big part is done.

I used Army Painted , primer that doubles as a base coat with the plate mail color. Then a combination of Vallejo paints and Army Painter paints knocked out the rest. I really enjoyed putting these guys together and painting them. I loved how simple they were to assemble but still gave me some weapon and pose options. I used to hate assembling certain models that required me to look at directions very attentively to match torsos, arms, hands, and weapons or else the model would not work.

I still have another twenty to do and two scorpions to build before I purchase anything else. But this is a start and it has been almost a year since I've painted anything so it felt good getting back into it. Well I will keep posting the progress and the final result will be up here soon I hope.


Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment