Sunday, October 13, 2013

Fate Of A Nation


Ok, so I got this in yesterday and I am really excited to try this out over the next few months. For those of you who don't know what this is, it is a supplement for Flames of War. Flames of War is a World War II game made by Battlefront and it is in the 15mm scale. The game is growing quite popular and it is on it's third edition of rules. I have not jumped onto the Flames of War wagon yet but this supplement is probably going to push me over the edge.

About a year ago I had seen their Vietnam supplement and I got pretty excited seeing the AirCAV units littering the battlefield. It looks likes we are going to try out the Arab-Israeli War and possibly the Vietnam era as well.

Now after skimming through the rules supplement, and by the way it was free with my purchase of Wargames Illustrated Issue 312. Inside the actual WI issue was a ton of helpful material and background on the Arab-Israeli War of 1967. The force organization charts are laid out and you get to see three armies with their special rules, compositions and viable units that will be released for them. The booklet also details some terrain features that you would come across and it highlights Battlefront's pre-painted line of terrain and how it applies with this new release.

I really feel like this is a step in the right direction for some modern wargaming and I think if Battlefront does this right they may have an increase in gamers and interest in their Flames of War line. After seeing Dropzone Commander's two player set I really believe the standard has been set for box sets and intro games. Hopefully they can capitalize on this for the Christmas season. Well we will keep everyone updated and see what happens with this new game.

Rob



No comments:

Post a Comment