Sunday, October 19, 2014

Dropzone Commander Painting Updates and NIck's UCM almost done...

So the new Dropzone Commander starter sets have been hitting the shelves for about a month now and both Nick and I picked up a box of UCM. We both have the two player starter set and we thought this would be a good way to add to our existing forces. So we started coming up with some schemes and we have previously displayed Nick's UCM on here before so lets show his current project:


 
So here you can se his tiger stripe pattern really coming together and his force is really starting to gain some character.

Next up I will show you what I have been working on and keep in mind we are beginner painters. I have yet to master the brush and I mainly get table top quality. So for my Condor dropships I went with a grey color scheme reminiscent of the current USMC aircraft:

I decided to pain the canopies black in a sort of high tech HUD or tinted glass version since the sun must be bright when dropping out of space.

The vehicles were a little more difficult to create a camo scheme. Nick and I both wanted some unique camo schemes and this is what I went with:



Its different but similar and it still uses the solid grey that my Condor drop ships have so it keeps in line with the army. I was able to get the UCM starter and the two player starter UCM forces all done except for my infantry. They are primed and ready for some attention so hopefully they will be done soon. Well I hope you enjoy the photos and Nick just bought a Seraphim close support aircraft so that will be getting posted soon. Also we will be highlighting units from Dropzone Commander with some articles on expanding your army. We will start with the UCM and go from there, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment