Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Warhmmer 40k Thunder Wolves

I apologize for poor picture quality it was a rushed thing.




We are getting back into 40k and the two armies I play are Tau and you guessed it Space Wolves. So I have watched quite a few reviews and battle reports from both armies. I always loved the Thunder Wolf Cavalry and they were always a powerful unit for me. It took years for the models to come out so I bought the Mr. Dandy resin models and I really like them. I am looking forward to trying out GW's Thunder Wolves and they should be here soon so I can convert them and get them on the table.

These wolves have served me well and with the new Space Wolf Codex Thunder Wolves are cheaper overall with the same damage output. I have even heard there is a supplement that gives them +1 WS which is even better, Add in Harald Deathwolf and its game on. Typically I use two squads one with a Thunder Hammer and the other with a Power Fist. This will most likely hold true for the new edition and I can say that I am really excited to see how these guys do. The best part is that Stormshields are 15 points cheaper so I will be running Stormshields on every model. So the plan is for two five man squads with a leader whether it be Harald Deathwolf or a Wolf Lord that I customize. This should really provide me with the hammer portion of my strike company.

Recently I put some spears/halberds on my wolves to give them more of a "cavalry" feel. I used the Grey Knights halberds and did some filing to get rid of the second hand holding two of the halberds. These models represent my basic close combat weapon armed Thunder Wolves.






So here they are and there should be reinforcements on the way. I really think these guys will be tough on the board and they can even outflank with Harald which just gives some options that weren't really available before.

No comments:

Post a Comment