Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Marines, PLA and Aussies From Empress


     So I got my Empress Miniatures in the mail today from my Kickstarter backing and I am really impressed. If you were not aware I backed the project last year and it was really my first foray into modern miniatures. I also purchased some additional models from Empress and I was very happy with their product and detail. Today I received my U.S. Marines with boonie caps. The pictures above are with helmets but I will have some painted figures soon to show on the site.

     I will do a more detailed review on the models later but I just wanted to highlight some of Empress models that are looking really good and begging for a mainstream rules set. I think Empress has some of the best looking modern models on the market and they would be on par with Infinity's sci fi line, in terms of detail.

    I am just dying for a skirmish level rules set or a squad based game to really make these models come out into their own. Especially with the amount of veterans that are gaming I think there is a lot of potential for a modern rules set.

    The PLA is also part of the new release and they have some great looking stuff.


    The Australians received some great looking models and the accuracy on the weapons and uniforms is just superb.


Another thing that Empress has and it has done well is their range of modern vehicles. They also sell army deals with about a squad of troops and an APC or a technical vehicle. As we have witnessed the emergence of more diverse lightly armored vehicles on the battlefield, Empress has included these in its latest range.

   The M-ATV even has two different weapon options in the form of  an M2 .50 cal or a MK-19 Grenade Machine Gun. So check them out if you haven't yet and I will definitely review the new models I received and take some pictures of the final product.


Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment