Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Movement Trays Made Easy

     Well by movement trays made easy, I meant that I found them cheap, magnetized and ready to go! I remember starting my Warhammer Fantasy army of High Elves a few years ago and I welcomed the challenge of assembling so many models and getting my army field but I did not realize the effort that making movement trays and then magnetizing all the models really took. In all honesty it wore me down and kind of demotivated me. So here I am building a ton of Warlord models and I started out using Gale Force 9's magnet 20mm slotted and non slotted bases.



Here is a basic plastic base that most of you will still want to magnetize



    This of course brought about having to make movement trays and getting either rubber magnet sheets or some thin metal sheet to put on these trays. For those of you who have done this it is not completely time consuming as much as it is just an added step every time you finish a unit.


The magnetic tape is a pretty cheap option but it still requires leg work

   Well I was about to start this process when I found this site http://shogunminiatures.com/index.html , I looked at the prices and wow! I immediately ordered a few to see how the quality and speed of delivery work out. I am very excited about these steel movement trays and magnet bases that are about 1/3 of the cost of most other products out there. Here you can see one of their bases with flock:

And here are some of their bases that are all magnetized:



   So far, the process has been very smooth and I was contacted the next day about my order. I was informed that it would arrive within ten days and I am currently on Day 5 so I am anxiously awaiting.
I will do a product review and go over the pieces I get.

    I really wish one of these days we would get these bases in our box sets. I know not every game uses individual bases, especially in historical games but it is nice to be able to set up your troops and not have to spend hours trying to build trays and find magnetic bases online. With http://shogunminiatures.com/index.html I think I have found a solution while I create my ancient armies and work on our ancient rules for our upcoming game.


   They also do custom work for whatever size you need:


    So we will keep you updated and let you know how the product turns out.

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment