Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Done with 40k moving on to Infinity !!!!

Well it has been a while since I have posted and I got pretty turned off from table top miniatures for a while. I tried to get back into 40k and without writing a long drawn out reason why we stopped, I can say that it was lacking what I was looking for and fell short of my expectations yet again. I have moved on and now I am stuck in with Infinity the Game.

We really lucked out and a few months ago miniature market had a sale of the Operation Icestorm Starter set for $50. So two of us bought a box each and went all in. We played one game and just fell in love with it. We used the box set and we had everything we needed for a good sized game.

Since then we have played three more times and it has become our favorite game. 25 years of gaming starting with Battle Masters and Heroquest and I can say that Infinity has really captivated me. It has a lot of elements that I have come to love with other games. There are of course drawbacks but I am not talking about those now. I have already purchased my next army after the starter set and begun painting them.

The U.S. Ariadna starter box was such a good point for me to start out. I am a former paratrooper and infantryman so the feel and look of this box just won me over. I also picked up some more Ariadna troops to back up my U.S. forces. My other friend grabbed the might ALEPH.

These guys rock and are very tough if you haven't played against them before. I really like their Greek references and if he didn't get them I would have. He has his entire army painted up and we have a third member who just purchased Combined Army.

Look forward to future posts and pictures of our units and some battle reports.


No comments:

Post a Comment