Sunday, November 22, 2015

Flames of War: Team Yankee - Bannons Boys



Here is the new set for Team Yankee that is a Pre-order time due to be released December 12.

Bannon's Boys - American Spearhead Force


The original release date was November 27 which is delayed due to some unforeseen issues. Because of this the set will actual come with 6 M1 Abrams Tanks instead of 5. So an extra tank for anyone who pre-orders the box set.

One of the early configurations included some M113 APCs but those were removed from the item description. Miniature Market has this at around $80 which makes it a little more bearable.

I like the idea of the unit cards and including a template is always helpful especially since it is supposed to be a new type of Salvo template. I love the idea of AH-1 Cobra attack helicopters included. I really want M2 or M3 Bradleys but I think I need to keep my fingers crossed since Battlefront hasn't shown any evidence of producing these anytime soon.

I am not a fan of a supposed "Starter" set that does not include quick start rules and it has a high price point for not including the option to conduct a two player game. It is my understanding that Battlefront will have some sort of online quick start rules so that will help if they produce. The Russian set is a little more money but you get almost double the tanks. I will highlight that set a little later.

I am still on the fence but it could be promising if the rules are truly streamlined and the unit cards are effective. We will see.......

No comments:

Post a Comment