Sunday, November 8, 2015

Infinity : Quick Battle Report

Nomads vs. Ariadna
300 Points


 
 
    Unfortunately we didn't get more pictures of the ensuring battle. We got stuck in and completely forgot to keep taking pictures. This will be a quick Battle Report and I will post our lists soon so those of you that want to look at them can. As the title says, we had the Nomads fighting Ariadna.
 

    This was Brandon's first time using Nomads and he had the components of two starter sets and a few add on blisters to help boost his force. He had a good size force and for the most part I know the units he brought to the table. I brought my Ariadna and I decided to stay away from the sectorials because I just don't have enough USAriadna to field 300 points and I really love Tankhunters and Veteran Kazaks. We played 300 points and we both agreed on the mission with the four quarters being worth objective points. We grabbed our classified objectives and proceeded to see who would do what.
    I was able to choose the deployment and Brandon took the turn order. We both did our setup and this was also our first time using TO Camo. Well, for me it was my first time fighting against it and for him it was the first time using it. Kind of sucked to be on the receiving end of a hidden deployment unit. I would find out later how much it sucks shooting at them.
 
Turn 1
     So, the first turn was pretty eventful, and it started with me using a command token to remove two orders from his order pool. That was followed up by him discovering two of my camo markers, which were my Scout and one of my Tankhunters with Autocannon. He tried shooting up my Scout who had used infiltrated to be a little farther up with an Ojotnik. The Scout would survive all that was thrown at him. It was mainly Aguaciles that were shooting at him. My Veteran Kazak with AP HMG took out a Grenzer with Sniper Rifle but was shot up by an Intruder with a Sniper Rifle and wounded. Then he took another wound and was dead. My Line Kazak with AP HMG needed a critical of 5 to hurt his other Intruder with Sniper and he actually made that happen which made his Intruder go down unconscious. An Airborne unit either a Tomcat or Hellcat, not sure which is which, jumped into my backfield with and HMG but that same Line Kazak was able to ARO and make him unconscious. There was some moving about and reposition but for the most part that was it for him.
 
     I did pretty well on his active turn so I was thinking about the mission and I had a Chasseur and the Scout controlling one quarter. I wanted to try to secure at least one more since at this point he had none because his units really hadn't moved out of the deployment zone. I also wanted to knock out some more of his units and I was still leery about that TO unit. I tried eliminating an Aguacile with my Scout but it reversed on me and the Scout ended up unconscious. With that in mind I decided on using a coordinated order to move some of my Line Kazaks and Grunts into better firing positions. The Line Kazak with AP HMG ended up taking out the Aguacile that wounded my Scout. I had a Tankhunter take down another Grenzer. He was down two more units and I made the error of dropping in Van Zant where I thought he was safe to control another table quarter. At this point he was safe but I would find out later that he was not alone.
 
Nomads: 0
Ariadna: 2
 
Turn 2
 
    This was the bloody turn. His TO camo Spektr reveals that he is shooting up Van Zant and Van Zant takes a wound. I realize that he is dogged but the Spektr moved on to better things and he has no one to ARO after losing the Face to Face roll against the Spektr. So for the rest of his turn he is irrelevant. The Reverend Healer attempts to run out of cover to heal one of the wounded Intruders. But my Tankhunter gets her and kills her. The Spektr then goes on to move up the field with that -6 to hit modifier, knocking out my Tankhunter and my Line Kazak with AP HMG. He is controlling a table quarter directly in front of my deployment zone and he was very hard to shoot at and he didn't get hurt at all. At this point he has possibly two points and there is the chance now that it could be close. His Mobile Brigada claimed a quarter and that Spektr was in my face claiming another.
 
     I misunderstood Dogged and removed Van Zant from play at the end of Brandon's active turn. It wouldn't be a huge factor but I know better for next time. I was able to kill the Spektr with a Grunt in cover and a rifle which was great. My Highlander Grey threw some smoke and moved up killing another Aguacile. His Mobile Brigada was forced to go prone and I ended up failing a medikit roll killing my Tankhunter. This was one of my classified objectives and I was hoping to revive the guy, but oh well. I had two more quarters at this point and he was running out of models.
 
Nomads: 1
Ariadna: 4
 
Turn 3
 
     The last turn was pretty quick, his Mobile Brigada tried to do some work but was rewarded with wounding my Dogged HIghlander Grey and that was about it.
 
    We decided to just see if the Highlander Grey would actually kill the Mobile Brigada because he was surviving quite a bit of firepower. He fell after two orders being spent. We called it at this point since there was no way that he could win. I still had two more quarters and could have spent more orders to occupy a third.
 
Nomads : 1
Ariadna : 6
 
 
After Action Report
 
 
     We talked about the game and one thing was the limited models that my buddy had. He did not was to proxy for his first game and just decided to use what he had. He really enjoyed the Nomads and for his first game with them, he did really well considering their play style is completely different from his ALEPH. I was very surprised with how many shots his TO camo Spektyr just made irrelevant with the -6 to hit modifier. That combined with range or cover negative modifiers forced me to start dodging instead of being able to hurt him. We both had a really good time and since we are new we still have to look stuff up but it is getting a lot better. My Ariadna Tank Hunters and Line Kazak AP HMG did very well. We both agreed that holding back our Airborne troops for another turn would have been more beneficial for both of us.
 
 
Ariadna MVP: Line Kazak AP HMG
 
Nomads MVP: TO Spektr


No comments:

Post a Comment